Dream wedding celebrations at Harperbury Park

Bloor homeowners Neel and Alisha share with us the story on how they planned and organised their wedding celebrations in their Bloor garden.

“Like so many other couples, we had planned our dream wedding day, but Covid had other ideas. We were due to get married early in 2021, with a civil wedding here in the UK and our religious Hindu celebrations abroad. It all came tumbling down by the end of 2020 and we had given up faith.

New home, new options

Harperbury Park, Radlett

At the beginning of 2021, after what felt like the longest journey, we were lucky enough to collect the keys to our first home – Our Hertsmere. We slowly started to get ourselves settled in and finally decided to take the plunge and started planning the civil wedding.

I always dreamt of the big manor house, with all our family and friends, full of flowers, love & of course… a beautiful drinks reception after. Given that we had started to plan with little time to spare, we were unable to find the dream venue and so we made the decision to have a smaller ceremony at a local registry office. But what about the reception after? No music, no dancing, no champagne? We weren’t about to let that go.

The big transformation

With a smaller guest list, due to the local restrictions, we used our imagination and with the help of our incredible wedding planner @RadhikaAndYou and our amazing suppliers we held our drinks reception in our garden.

I wanted to make sure that it didn’t just feel like a marquee set up in our garden, so we called in the help of @RoyEvents, who took my vision of a romantic and floral set up and completely transformed the space. Candles, flowers, hanging wisteria – it all just came together. It was incredible how big the space felt!

Even though it was in our back garden, it didn’t stop us from pulling out all the stops and given the year we’d all had, we needed to bring some joy to our family and friends! We had an incredible DJ, Bartenders serving delicious cocktails, floating canapes, an incredible live singer and a PIZZA TRUCK! Who knew we had this much space?!

We danced the evening away, with our nearest and dearest and celebrated exactly how we pictured – a day full of love!”

“Four months later, I still catch myself staring out the window, reminiscing about our beautiful day. What an incredible memory to cherish, in our first home.”

Thank you, Alisha, for sharing your beautiful story. We wish the happy couple all the best for the future. Visit @ourhertsmere to follow along on their new home journey.

Are you looking to find your dream home? Start the search and get the ball rolling

Photos by @mk.focus and @ourhertsmere