We love hearing about your new home journeys.  All so different, but what they all have in common is the roller coaster of emotion and joy when it all comes together!  Read on to hear from some of our homeowners #mybloorhomeblog

Buying during the pandemic @the.hindheadhome

Jim & I reserved our first home with @bloorhomes in February 2020. Although this was just as the pandemic had really taken grip, the team at our local Bloor office were wonderful and so reassuring.

We were kept well informed throughout the building process and got to choose great options to make our house a home.

We completed almost 8 months ago and have spent this time personalising. I love anything scandi and neutral (something Jim just goes along with 🤣). Thank you @bloorhomes for a great first home buying experience! 🏡

First-time buyer’s journey into securing their very first home – @ourbloorhallambonneyhome

What a journey I work in property and help people buy and sell every day, however doing it for the first time ourselves was very daunting….

This time next month we reserved last year, we knew straight away after seeing the show home this would be our next family home, so we went for it and reserved.

I was very familiar with the area having worked around here for a number of years, finally, our children would have their own bedroom and it would be ours to make a home instead of pay rent each month which was extortionate, we couldn’t believe the difference between our mortgage payments and rent.

We were so excited and then the first lockdown hit, construction stopped, however, the site were still great with updates to the point one advisor Diane rang me at 7.30 am one morning and I just cried to her she was amazing and so supportive, our mortgage offer had expired fearing the market would crash we no longer had a mortgage in place we thought we would lose our dream home along with monies already paid out for the survey, solicitors etc…

Bloor worked really hard for us with the advisor they recommended Chartwell and helped to progress things, after 3 months of waiting we finally received the call to say the mortgage offer had been extended, and then it all started up again literally two weeks later we were in đź‘Ť

The site manager Paul couldn’t do enough for us when we moved in he was amazing and even to this date I drive to work every morning and he pulls me over to check all is ok đź‘Ś

We love our Bloor Hallam and are very thankful, thank you to everyone that helped us.

First Time buyers @ourcountryredbrick share their new home journey.

So, our first-time buyer’s journey has been somewhat traumatic but what’s life without a little trauma! Back in March 2020 we reached our savings goal and within days a quaint 2-bedroom cottage in our market town went on the market. We viewed, put in an offer and it was accepted. That all happened just days before lockdown. Unfortunately, after a few weeks the seller pulled out and we were devastated. The day our purchase fell through the market shut its doors to 5% deposits so a house was out of the question.

Next came a two-bed apartment, it felt like fate that it hit the market the day after our cottage fell through. Fast forward a long few months and a LOT of catastrophic marketing errors the sellers once again pulled out as we were purchasing something that was quite literally not what had been advertised! We felt so down on our luck and totally trapped in our one bed rented flat. I felt like our first home was never going to happen.

I said to Craig we should look at the new build development at the weekend after this had all happened and wow we just felt instantly like all our house preferences were right in front of us. A red brick has always been my dream and the house has so much character that you just don’t see in most new builds! The incentive of 5% deposit won us over too. We reserved the following morning after treating the salesgirls as our therapists telling them about the events leading up to that day!!

Bloor have supported us the entire way and we are so grateful. We struck lucky that our house was the edge of the next phase so every fortnight or so we pull up, gaze right into our future and grab a pic – they are going into a scrapbook to document this journey.

Bloor have been absolutely incredible, and to think we will be in our home in a matter of weeks brings tears to my eyes. If you are struggling with a tough purchase, the H2B application gets returned a few times or the mortgage isn’t as plain sailing as everyone’s looks online or your exchange didn’t happen like your friends on Instagram DON’T STRESS. We may all be purchasing from the same fantastic developer but our journeys are all still very different.  đź¤Ť #mybloorhomeblog @bloorhomes